We are very proud to announce that, as part of the Premier Vanguard group of companies, we have recently achieved level 1 “Carbon Smart” certification. We are working towards higher levels of certification as part of our on-going commitment to reducing, where possible, any negative impact on the environment caused by our business activity.
We exclusively use water based inks and recycled plastic cores for all rolls printed at our conversion and print facility in Eccleshill.
Premier Rolls (South) Limited is committed to adopting practices aimed at minimising the environmental impact of operations and to supporting the principles of sustainable development. The Company undertakes to comply with all current and future legislation related to the environment and its protection. Further, the Company will seek to constantly improve its environmental performance. In pursuing this policy the Company is committed, subject to sound business practice and economic practicability to the following objectives:
- Managing existing and new practices so as to minimise the pollution of air, soil and water using the best available techniques not entailing excessive cost (BATNEEC).
- Reducing consumption of materials, fuel, water and energy, using renewable or recyclable resources where possible.
- Minimising the production of waste arising from our operations and disposing of that waste in a way that will minimise harm to the environment.
- Eliminating or reducing the use of substances known to be environmental toxins or prescribed substances through pressure upon our suppliers.
- Influencing of new products in such a way as to minimise their environmental impact in production use and disposal.
- Assisting our customers to meet their own environmental obligations.
- Considering environmental issues when making new investments.
- Providing training and facilities to allow the implementation of this policy.
- Encouraging suppliers and sub-contractors to demonstrate a responsible attitude to the environment.
- Developing in conjunction with the appropriate authorities, procedures to deal with and limit environmental impact of site emergencies.
- Avoiding causing nuisance to our neighbours and to consider the rights and opinions of others in managing our activities.
The principles of the Policy apply to all Company employees and operations. The Managing Director has the responsibility of co-ordinating environmental activities throughout the Company.